Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's the thought that counts?

Today my George (boyfriend) turns 35!!! The greatest day of my life, I am soo very thankful for him. I have been planning this day for weeks and I hope it turns out for him. All he wants is a nice quiet dinner for just him and I. He doesn't know that I making the hardest dinner I have ever made or have even thought of making. I normally would go to one of out local restaurants and get take out but not tonight. I am making seared jumbo scallops with a champagne-vanilla butter sauce, with roasted asparagus and grilled Caesar salad and to top it off I am making cherries jubilee flambe'. WHO AM I KIDDING!!! I am going to totally "f" it up I have no cooking skills all I can make (that is good) is grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup. This meal is way to complicated and decadent that I am sure it will turn out like hockey pucks and everything else charred. I am hoping he will think the old saying "it's the thought that counts" and not think what a looser. Hopefully I can end the night with wonderful sex and he will be overwhelmed not by my food but what we make in bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! the dinner sounds complex..
seems it turned out quite nicely =P
hope u keep posting, ur blogs interesting!
i know how u feel bout the "I grew up in an ultra-conservative Pentecostal family..." xcpt im in an traditional-asian family - guess its got the same 'ouch' feeling...